Monday, March 2, 2009

From the Lap of Lady G. to the Other Lady G.

Dear Lady GaGa,

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you that you have a song I actually like. You generally annoy me, but I find your new video "Love Game" fun to dance to. I just don't understand your lack of originality, your all-blondes-in-one image. You know, a little bit of Christina Aguilera (the hair/the videos), a little bit Gwen Stefani (the gold/referring to a beat as "sick"), and a little Madonna circa the Confessions album (the hooded high thigh leotard). But I guess most of all, what I don't understand is how you totally bit my style in that scene on the train.


Damn, grrrl.



I will forgive you, though. Because as an artist, I understand that you can not always be the most unique at a given time. I guess the only advice I have for you is to keep hustlin'. It seems to be working for you somehow.

Sincerely,
Lady G.

P.S. Take that damn blonde bow off your head. You look like a fool. OK, that's all.

No comments: